If you use Carpet World Of Alaska Inc. products or services, further information will be provided as part of the engagement process.
If you are an employee or worker of Carpet World Of Alaska Inc., the information about how we handle your personal information as an employee is located on the Carpet World Of Alaska Inc. intranet and will have been notified to you. You can request a copy of the information from your HR representative.
If you are prospective employee or job applicant of Carpet World Of Alaska Inc., we will provide you separately with information about how we handle your personal information for recruitment purposes.
Types of Data We Collect
Personal information means information that allows someone to identify you (either directly or indirectly) or contact you. The table below sets out the types of personal information that we may collect from you and how we collect it.
We collect personal information directly from the individual to whom it relates, except where that individual has consented to Carpet World Of Alaska Inc. collecting the personal information from a third party or the law otherwise permits Carpet World Of Alaska Inc. to do so.
|Context||Types of Data and Purpose for Collection|
|Account Registration||We may collect your name, payment, and contact information (including e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and social media account login details) when you create an account.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we may use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message or click on any links or banners it contains.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and e-mail address and possibly other personal information, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply.|
|Online Forms and Submissions||We collect information you submit to us on our websites or through online forms to process your requests, including name, postal address, e-mail address and phone number.|
|Order Placement||We may collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, credit card number and bank details when you place an order.|
|Web logs||We may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit. Web logs may be used for things like monitoring website usage levels and diagnosing problems.|
|Device Information||We may collect information about the device accessing the website such as MAC address, device type, and device identifiers.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive additional relevant information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information that we store is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Use and Processing of Your Personal Information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. In addition to the uses described above, most commonly, we will use your personal information, and may share your personal data with other parties acting on our behalf, for one or more of the following purposes:
- To identify you when you visit our websites.
- To provide the products, information, and services you request or that we think you may be interested in.
- If you are a customer, to carry out our contract with you.
- To improve and personalize your experience with us.
- For order processing and to streamline your checkout and service process.
- To conduct analytics and solve problems.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
- To assess and respond to a complaint you might make to us or feedback you might give us.
- For market research purposes.
- To conduct investigations of suspicious or harmful activity.
Information for Marketing Purposes
Where you have consented to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, we may use your information to conduct marketing and data analysis or to send you updates and news concerning Carpet World Of Alaska Inc. and its business partners.
If at any time after you have consented to us using your information for marketing purposes and you wish us to stop using your information for these purposes, please Contact us
Sharing of Personal Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose personal information in situations set out below. This will only take place in accordance with applicable law.
- Affiliates and Acquisitions- We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires our company, business, or our assets, we will also share your personal information with that company.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent- We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent- We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, in connection with any legal or regulatory process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, for audit purposes, or a violation of our policies.
- Service Providers- We may share your personal information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, mail communications, or provide technical support, data center services or legal advice. These service providers may collect, store, analyze, or otherwise process information on our behalf.
- Sale of Personal Information- Other than set out above, we will not sell your personal information to others.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Changes to Your Personal Information- You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or incomplete personal information. If we disagree and believe the information to be accurate and complete, we will advise you and include a notation on the record that you dispute the information’s accuracy. Some of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. Some personal information can also be changed by contacting us using the information in the "Contact Information" section below.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information- Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request that we delete your personal information. All requests must be directed to the contact in the "Contact Information" section below. We may also decide to delete your data if we believe that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When we delete personal information, it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
- Revocation of Consent- If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you certain services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, if we are unable to adequately verify your identity, or if our processing is not based on your consent. Revocation of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent.
- Access to Your Personal information- To the extent required by law, upon request, we will grant access to personal information that we hold about you. All requests must be directed to the contact in the "Contact Information" section.
- Online Tracking- We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
- Decline to Provide- You may choose not to provide some types of personal information to us. This choice may result in our websites or their functionality not working.
- Object to Processing- You may, as permitted by law, request that we stop processing your personal information.
- Complaints- Complaints can be sent to us using the "Contact Information" details below. Some jurisdictions may also allow you to complain to a data protection authority as well.
How We Protect Personal Information
Carpet World Of Alaska Inc. is committed to:
- seeking to safeguard all personal information that you provide to us;
- seeking to ensure that it remains confidential and secure; and
- taking reasonable steps to ensure that personal privacy is respected.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our website permits you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Retention of Personal Information
To process your data lawfully in the EU we need to rely on one or more valid legal grounds. The grounds we may rely upon include:
- your consent to particular processing activities. For example, where you have consented to us using your information for marketing purposes;
- our legitimate interests as a business (except where your interests or fundamental rights override these). For example, it is within our legitimate interests to use your data to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website;
- our compliance with a legal obligation to which Carpet World Of Alaska Inc. is subject. For example, we have a duty to investigate and respond to complaints made against us and may need to process your personal information as part of such investigation; or
- if you are a customer, because processing your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract.
Cookies and Other Web Devices
We may use Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Stored Objects "Flash LSOs") that allow us to, among other things, serve you with more tailored information, facilitate your ongoing access to and use of the website, and collect and store information about your use of the website. Our website or emails may also use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies to measure the success of marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage and response rates, and other purposes. Please address any additional questions or concerns about our cookie usage to the "Contact Information" contained in this policy.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Minors- Our websites are not for individuals under age 18. Those individuals should not access the website or provide personal information to us.
- Transmission of Data to Other Countries- Your personal information is processed in the United States and may be transferred to other countries outside the EU, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your information. In particular, your personal data may be transferred throughout the Carpet World Of Alaska Inc. group and to our outsourced service providers located in the United States or abroad. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in the United States and other countries inside or outside the EU. We will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate technical, organization, contractual or other lawful means. Please contact us using the information in the "Contact Information" section below for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal data and privacy rights.
- Third Party Applications and Websites- We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own, including websites to which our website provides hyperlinks.
- Third Party Personal Information- Where you submit information on behalf of another person, you confirm that you have made that person aware of how we may collect, use and disclose their information, the reason you have provided it, how they can contact us, the terms of this policy and that they have consented to such collection, use and disclosure.
- Contact Information- If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Carpet World of Alaska Inc,
6410 E Fireweed Rd
Palmer, AK 99645